Thursday, December 21, 2006

Einstein Shoots Jesus

I am little over half way through Stephen Hawking's A Briefer History of Time. It's made me feel like a little kid with a new chemistry lab ready 2 blow stuff up. I am definitely going to re-read the book immediately. This information must be part of my working knowledge.

The atheist authors/philosophers I've been reading lately have all commented on the complexity of the universe fulfilling a persons emotional space for God. I don't believe I've ever internalized this until reading Hawking.

After finishing this book the question left is do people replace religion with science? If so does science become your religion? At which point I pick back up with Bertrand Russell. I will also need a strong theist's perspective 2 this question.

No comments: